Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Evolution of Grumbling Tummy

I will start this story as a newborn. Born into the world as a heavy 9.3-pound child my passion for food began at a very young age. Not that I have the faintest memory of my early childhood days, however I can only rely on the memoirs of my mother. Can you imagine a toddler eating and falling asleep at the same time, but still eating? Can you imagine a child eating glue and lipstick, because she feels like a light snack? Would you consider these actions of a child as pig like? Or simply just a devotee to taste, texture, infusions and foods. Well that’s me! I simply love food.

Growing up in my adolescent times, I was always surrounded by people of different cultures, which has enabled me to learn about a multitude of cultural backgrounds. One of the most significant attributes of every culture in the world would be their food. From Italian and Turkish to Chinese and Spanish cuisines, I developed a strong knack for all the different flavours of the world.

By the time I was old enough to move out of home I had to step up my game and learn how to cook. I guess from my previous experiences and living a life surrounded with many infusions from different cultures I had developed an innate ability to cook. I discovered this instinctive ability to cook without using recipes. Instead I used intuition and senses. I felt like I had discovered a sixth sense. My sixth sense was simply food.

All in all, I simply can’t resist food. I have no control or limits when it relates to food. It is my mission to share with you all my passion for anything associated with food, as this truly makes me happy!

I am grumbling tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment